This color, y'all. Right?!
This gorgeous pink pasta is in honor of sweet Georgia of The Comfort of Cooking for her surprise baby shower!
Georgia is expecting a sweet baby girl next month, and since she has some far-away food blogger friends who would love to celebrate with her, we're doing a surprise virtual shower for her today!
You probably already know Georgia and her beautiful site where she shares pretty, fresh, simple food like Herb & Citrus Roasted Chicken and Mini Caprese Pizzas. I adore her bright approach to food, but even more than that - her encouraging, warm personality. I know she is going to be the best mama to her sweet daughter, who will no doubt inherit her charm and good taste in cookies.
When we decided on a pink theme for Georgia's shower, I knew immediately that I wanted to make this pasta. The flavors scream springtime, and the color is almost too pretty to eat.... almost.
Happy shower, dear Georgia! xo
Beet Pesto Pasta (from Heather Christo's Generous Table)
1 lb. bowtie pasta
3 large purple beets, tops trimmed
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup shelled pistachios
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
kosher salt, to taste
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the beets. Boil for 30 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain and rinse the beets with cold water. Skin, slice in quarters, and add to a food processor or blender. Add the garlic, pistachios, lemon juice, olive oil, and Parmsean and pulse until you reach the desired consistency.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt well, then add the pasta and cook to al dente according to the package directions. Drain and toss with the pesto. Serve immediately with extra parmesan. Enjoy!
Check out all the other yums that bloggers made to celebrate Georgia!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse from Texanerin Baking
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Petit Fours from Chocolate & Carrots
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Grandbaby Cakes
- Beet Pesto Pasta from Little Kitchie
- Strawberry Almond Cream Tart from Jeanette's Healthy Living
- Mini Lemon-Rhubarb Bundt Cakes from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits from Steph's Bite by Bite
- Strawberry Swirl Sour Cream Bars from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Lemon Raspberry Poppy Seed Cookie Cups from Cookie Monster Cooking
- Rhubarb Cream Cheese Hand Pies from Eats Well With Others
- Kale Salad with Strawberries, Goat cheese, and Strawberry Vinaigrette from The Roasted Root
- Roasted Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata from The Lemon Bowl
- Roasted Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cheesecake from Baker by Nature
- Strawberry Lemonade Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Culinary Couture
- White Velvet Layer Cake with Strawberry-Raspberry Mascarpone Buttercream from Wicked Good Kitchen
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Glaze from The Messy Baker